Thursday, December 31, 2009

The Simple Woman's Daybook (the late edition)

Outside my window... is my own little patch of land. I am already dreaming of how to plant it in the spring. Maybe an herb garden under the kitchen window. For the veggies, I may make several small raised garden beds. Oh, warm weather, please hurry up!

I am thinking... of all the changes 2010 will bring to my family.

I am thankful for... a safe return from my parents house.

I am wearing... sweats, socks, and my glasses. It's early and we got home late last night.

I am remembering... how well all the cousins played together. They are good friends.

I am currently reading...my Magnificat. We finally finished "A Tale of Two Cities". Next up for literature is "Crime and Punishment". I read with Sophie and Olivia because I have never read most of the books assigned to the girls. For myself, though, I just bought "An Introduction to the Devout Life". I am eagerly awaiting to open its cover and begin.

I am hoping. Still.

On my mind... organizing the house. I am actually really looking forward to this day. I like having a place for everything.

Noticing that... praying for a specific thing to happen requires infinite patience, the virtue I struggle with the most.

Pondering these words... from the Magnificat.."Christmas is a season for song, for God's love reaches from heaven to earth and earth to heaven in the incarnation."

From the kitchen... truly bare cupboards! I used everything that would go bad before we left, so I will have to go to the Commissary today after I plan our weekly menu.

Around the house... slowly the children are waking after a long journey home yesterday. Finding the gifts from Christmas we did not take with us and getting excited all over again.

One of my favorite things~ The feeling I get when I walk into our house after having been gone for days. Home is good.

From my picture journal... the view from the window where I type.


Visit Peggy for more daybooks.

3 comments:

  1. I love that quote from the Magnificat. Thank you for sharing! Also, I think that you will LOVE Introduction to the Devout Life. It's one of the most life-changing books I ever read. One thing I did find, though, is that it was one of those books that I needed to read twice (or at least scan again after the first time I read it) for all the great lessons to sink in.

    I pray for many blessings for your family in the new year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jen,
    I read the preface last night before bed. I am really looking forward to reading the book. If you needed to go over it twice, I can assure you it will take more times than that for me! I am such a slow learner.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My prayer for you: A sweet new year with new things-- new hope, new comfort, new joy. I loved reading about your Christmas.

    ReplyDelete