Skip to main content

Daybook

Outside my window...
... a hazy sky that is thick with the possibility of more rain. It has rained so much lately that my garden that had been burned to a crisp in August now is lush and full and bearing tomatoes again! The kid's flowers out by the mailbox are growing splendidly.

I am thinking...
...about how I am going to teach school today in such a sleep-deprived state. Poor Therese, we tried starting her on goat milk and it did not go well. We have gone back to the formula for now to allow her system to return to normal. I have bought some disposable diapers until "normal" returns! She was up twice last night, the second time from 3:00 until 4:30. This mama is getting too old to be pulling all-nighters!

I am thankful for...
...hot, delicious, coffee!
...pretty new plants from the local nursery to brighten the front of the house and my mood every time I look out the window.
...kids that entertain each other.


From the lesson plans...
...we have a few loose ends to finish up after a crazy week. On Thursday, Olivia was scheduled to have oral surgery and she was nervous. We left the house by 5:30 a.m., went to the lab, went to the dental clinic, went through their list of questions until they asked if she recently had a cold. She had. And they sent us home. Olivia was devastated that she had to wait even longer, so we stopped at Starbucks for breakfast and coffee and a quiet moment, just the two of us. On Friday's we have our homeschool co-op, so that was another lost day in the classroom.


From the kitchen...
...an empty pantry. I made the last meal from last week's menu last night. I see a trip to the commissary for today!


I am wearing...
...my favorite dress. It is a casual little shirt-waist dress that makes me feel very domestic. Maybe I will be today!


I am creating...
...fingerless gloves for Olivia. This is such tiny knitting that my aging eyes are having trouble, especially with the dark colored yarn. I am considering purchasing my first reading glasses! Man, do I feel old this morning!


I am reading...
..."O Pioneers!" by Willa Cather. After giving the library my wish list, I picked this out to get me through the wait.


I am hoping......that I can still be a good mom today. I am SO tired and I see no chance for a nap on the schedule.

I am hearing...
...the kid's playlist from Itunes. They are listening to songs from "Singin' in the Rain" and dancing around the den.


Around the house...
...we are making a list of necessary repairs to get accomplished before the cooler weather becomes too cold.

I am going...
...to tell you about a wonderful prayer aid. I can't recall which lovely blog I read it on, but you can get daily e-mails sent to you when praying a novena so you don't miss a day! Check it out. I have praying the St. Therese novena leading up to her feast day. Each day, I have seen a rose somewhere! What a powerful encouragement!

One of my favorite things...
...seeing Therese run to the door squealing with delight and arms outstretched when Tony comes home from work.


I am praying for......all those on my list of special, private intentions.


If I knew how to transfer all my pictures back onto the computer, there would be a picture of the day. But I don't. So there isn't. I'll put that on our list of repairs!

Comments

  1. i've been meaning to read some willa cather and knit fingerless mitts. some day... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm doing that same novena and love it!! I saw it originally on Barbara's Praying for Grace!

    Hoping you feel energized after your coffee!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the readings I felt like I was there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So here's hoping you got that nap! I did...but it wasn't until, like, 4:00 PM!

    Still, it was delicious. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Paris

With our backpacks repacked for the next leg of our adventure, I awoke in the wee hours of the morning to make sure we were ready. We walked from our house down to the train station, stopping at the bakery for breakfast. Tony was able to join us just for the day, but I am so glad he was with us for even a short time. Upon arriving, we navigated to our flat, waited for the owners and checked in. It was in a very old building, the wooden steps creaked and groaned under our feet as we climbed to the third floor. It was definitely a quaint flat, harkening back to a much earlier era. We then headed out to meet my sister and her family at the Louvre. We said goodbye to Tony and went to find dinner and strolled past the Eiffel Tower. Then back to the flat to get some sleep. Our second day started out a little rough. I could not get the wifi to work, nor would my phone work. I decided to shower and try to not stress. I went to plug in the hair dryer that was at the flat, only to discover...

Rome!

We went to Rome! I realize I never finished blogging about our trip to the Italian Riviera and now I want to write down all that we saw in Rome. Maybe by writing about our trip from the end to the beginning, I could eventually make it all the way back to our other trip to Italy, along with our weekend in Garmisch that was in between. Probably not, but a girl has to remain optimistic, right? My sister and her family planned a European trip and we joined up with them in Rome. Tony could not come along because he had to be in Poland for work. When I write things like that, it still seems so weird. Thanks to super cheap airfare (around $40 per person round trip), and splitting the cost of an apartment with my sister's family, the trip was fairly reasonable, cost wise. Also, our apartment was restocked by the housekeeping service each morning with juice, yogurt, bread, cereal and milk. The night before we left, I was a bundle of nerves and was unable to sleep. I had ne...

The Door Table

Once there was a store in Georgia. It is no more, but how I wish it was. I likened going in there to treasure hunting. One never knew what was going to be in there, and you had to dig through and wade through all the "other people's treasures" to find your own. I once found a set of blue and white teacups and saucers from England. I found lace handkerchiefs, a rocking chair, and an end table. But by far the best find was my kitchen table. I had stopped by one day while the kids were taking horseback lessons and the then little ones were asleep. The store was not open, but I went up to the window to see if anything new was there. And it was there. The table. And six chairs too! We were in need of a bigger table with Jack on the way. My mom had offered to give us her old one, which I was going to accept if I didn't find something I liked better. I didn't want anyone else to even see the table because I knew it was supposed to be ours, but one can never tell abo...