Friday, November 11, 2011

Confessions of a tired mama

I think everyone knows by now that I strive to cook good, healthy food for my family. It is how I show my love, OK?

So how did I go from this:

homemade apple cinnamon pop-tarts
(which tasted just like apple pie)
(which made my husband suggest ice-cream for breakfast)



To this:
 beanies and weinies fresh out of a can.
(we went to co-op today)
(I taught eight piano lessons)
(Tony is working tonight)

 When the kids saw what was in the pot....

...this was the unanimous reaction!

4 comments:

  1. Could that little honey be any sweeter? No, she could not! Although it certainly looks as though she begrudges her momma that meal of beans & wienies.

    [grin]

    ReplyDelete
  2. ! Haha, I LOVE it. My kids are the exact same way. They just loooove their corn dogs, hot dogs, junk food anything. They don't appreciate all that healthy food I make them. Man, those pop-tarts look AMAZING!!! 8 lessons in one day? Wow. That takes a lot of patience. I've been thinking of putting Isaiah in piano lessons, but he's not quite 6 yet. I wonder if I should wait a year, or wait until he shows personal interest in wanting to make music.

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS: Your daughter is SO adorable!! Haha, I love that cute look on her face. =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have found that the amount of time spent in meal preparation and the amount of pleasure expressed by the children have a very predictable relationship. More meal prep time=less pleasure and Less meal prep time=giddy kids. The first time I made homemade mac and cheese, my daughter stated, "Mom, you should stick to the one that comes in the box made for busy moms." There are days that I do...

    ReplyDelete