Skip to main content

Weekend photos

Since we started the school year, I have had little time to write. We have the first four weeks under our belts and we are slowly getting into a routine. I signed the kids up for a drama class and they love it. So once a week, we head out with a picnic lunch, our school books, and the ipad, and spend our day at the craft center on post. Therese's class is in the morning and the bigger kid's class is after lunch.

So, after a month, we were ready for a little fun this past weekend. We went to Garmisch and Ettal. God's handiwork is most impressive. Beauty was everywhere I looked. The weather was also perfect.

The hotel in Ettal.

The view from our balcony.

another view from the hotel

in the room, waiting to go to Garmisch. They tried watching cartoons in German, but opted for my ipad instead.

The view changed moment to moment. The same balcony view at a different time of day.

This was in the entrance to our building. The kids were fascinated. "How do you use it?" Jack asked.

The monastery dome across the street. The inside was breathtaking, and I will share that as soon as I figure out how to get photos from my phone.


Today we met with some friends and rode a cable car to the top of one of the mountains, Wank.

Miss Sassy

Enjoying the ride and the scenery


on top of the world

above the clouds







Comments

  1. Beautiful pictures! God's glory is tangible & truly amazing there.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Paris

With our backpacks repacked for the next leg of our adventure, I awoke in the wee hours of the morning to make sure we were ready. We walked from our house down to the train station, stopping at the bakery for breakfast. Tony was able to join us just for the day, but I am so glad he was with us for even a short time. Upon arriving, we navigated to our flat, waited for the owners and checked in. It was in a very old building, the wooden steps creaked and groaned under our feet as we climbed to the third floor. It was definitely a quaint flat, harkening back to a much earlier era. We then headed out to meet my sister and her family at the Louvre. We said goodbye to Tony and went to find dinner and strolled past the Eiffel Tower. Then back to the flat to get some sleep. Our second day started out a little rough. I could not get the wifi to work, nor would my phone work. I decided to shower and try to not stress. I went to plug in the hair dryer that was at the flat, only to discover...

Rome!

We went to Rome! I realize I never finished blogging about our trip to the Italian Riviera and now I want to write down all that we saw in Rome. Maybe by writing about our trip from the end to the beginning, I could eventually make it all the way back to our other trip to Italy, along with our weekend in Garmisch that was in between. Probably not, but a girl has to remain optimistic, right? My sister and her family planned a European trip and we joined up with them in Rome. Tony could not come along because he had to be in Poland for work. When I write things like that, it still seems so weird. Thanks to super cheap airfare (around $40 per person round trip), and splitting the cost of an apartment with my sister's family, the trip was fairly reasonable, cost wise. Also, our apartment was restocked by the housekeeping service each morning with juice, yogurt, bread, cereal and milk. The night before we left, I was a bundle of nerves and was unable to sleep. I had ne...

The Door Table

Once there was a store in Georgia. It is no more, but how I wish it was. I likened going in there to treasure hunting. One never knew what was going to be in there, and you had to dig through and wade through all the "other people's treasures" to find your own. I once found a set of blue and white teacups and saucers from England. I found lace handkerchiefs, a rocking chair, and an end table. But by far the best find was my kitchen table. I had stopped by one day while the kids were taking horseback lessons and the then little ones were asleep. The store was not open, but I went up to the window to see if anything new was there. And it was there. The table. And six chairs too! We were in need of a bigger table with Jack on the way. My mom had offered to give us her old one, which I was going to accept if I didn't find something I liked better. I didn't want anyone else to even see the table because I knew it was supposed to be ours, but one can never tell abo...