Friday, September 7, 2012

Too quiet

I looked up from feeding Peter and saw Tony on the couch with Jack and Anna. They were reading a new library book. But where was Therese? It was quiet upstairs. Too quiet. I went up the stairs with images of all sorts of disastrous messes in my head. But as I peered into my room, my heart melted. There she was, curled up in the crib that not so long ago was hers. She was sound asleep...sucking contentedly on Peter's pacifier. Methinks she might miss being the baby.

6 comments:

  1. Awwww, so sweet. And so glad this post did not include any bumps, bruises, concoctions made of expensive cosmetics or experiments with Hershey's syrup as I originally thought when I opened this post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very sweet, but I hope that scene did not induce guilt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. regression. the baby books talk about it. but not nearly so sweetly as you just did. awww.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We were wanting to take Joe's paci from him before Sam was born but never got around to it. Now he is attached to it more than ever. We'll probably wait a few months before we take it away!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww. My heart melted a little too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. a sweet sweet post. I loved reading this. Got this post from karen. Nice reading and much prayer
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete