Thursday, August 25, 2011

Preparing

As Hurricane Irene closes in on the east coast, I went to the store to buy some canned provisions and water, just in case. I bought some canned fruits and veggies, though not what I would consider the most healthy fare, but what the hey, it's a hurricane for Heaven's sake. My husband had the same idea to stock up on food and water and also stopped at the store on the way home from work....
 ...ummm, I think this is a subtle hint that just maybe, he doesn't fully appreciate my attempts at a healthy diet. He raised his arms and shook them mightily with a hearty guffaw issuing forth as I carried his booty into the house.
I'm just praying that we won't need this, but it is good to be prepared.

2 comments:

  1. As long as you went through all the trouble of preparing, go ahead and have a hurricane party anyway. :-) Stay safe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They're not evacuating you all?

    ReplyDelete