Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Yarn Along

Take two. A new bootie pattern. The pattern stated that they should fit 0-6 month old babies. I wanted them to be more of a 6-9 month size, so I moved up one needle size and followed the pattern. The bootie was huge, as in a 2 year old could wear it! So, I tried again and moved down a needle size from the one recommended and it fits her perfectly right now. I doubt it will fit for more than a month. I like this bootie better than the one from last week because it seems like it will stay on her foot even if she is kicking her little feet!

See what I mean?

As for reading material, I have this book on my nightstand for easy access. I think the advice Dr. Ray imparts is wise and full of common sense. I just need reminders and encouragement every now and then!
Go visit Ginny, our host, to see what others are knitting and reading!

5 comments:

  1. So sweet! I love the little chubby leg shot. I had a yarn in pretty similar colors that I ended up making mittens for my 2 year old. It reminds me of cotton candy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Little MaryJane booties, how sweet! The yarn is just like cotton candy too, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the pattern! Super cute with that little strap and button...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Dr. Ray! I have that book...AND, it's on my nightstand as well! I read it whenever the kids start to stress me out. =)
    Those booties are adorable!

    ReplyDelete