Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Yarn Along

Finally!


I get to join in the Yarn Along over at Ginny's this week.


The tiny sweater is part of a birthday gift for my niece.

(Suzy, if you are reading this, don't let Maddie see it!)

It is for her Bitty Baby that I gave her on her first birthday.


The yarn is fuzzy and soft and I only had a tiny amount, so it had to be a small project.


The pink yarn is the beginning of yet another diaper cover for Therese, who happened to turn 9 months old this very day. How did that happen? She is growing so fast that it seems like I am constantly knitting larger covers. She is also advancing way too quickly. For instance:


-she can stand unassisted for at least 30 seconds.


-she figured out how to climb up the first step of our stairs.


-she can crawl extremely fast (and thus get to things she oughtn't before her mother can stop her).


The book: Dandelion Wine by Ray Bradbury


I am enjoying this book like you would enjoy a rich dessert. Little bites at a time and stopping to savor each morsel. Mr. Bradbury's writing is delightful.


Head on over to Ginny's to see more great knits and reads.





3 comments:

  1. That little sweater is so teeny tiny! Adorable! Have a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, how cute! I'm just picking up my knitting again too, after a really long break. That books sounds so nice.

    ReplyDelete