Thursday, June 11, 2015

Morning Walk

As I lay in bed reading last night, a sentence from my book reminded me that there is this lovely field of purple flowers that I wanted to photograph before it is mowed down. I have been oversleeping lately, what with all the feverish children and such. So when the alarm went off this morning, I awoke with a resolve to get myself out of bed and on a walk to that field. First things first though, coffee had to be made. So with coffee in one hand and my camera in the other, I set off in the clean morning air. The church bells were chiming, birds were singing and I actually prayed the rosary. I really like the rosary, I just don't make time daily for it. We tried doing a family rosary in the evenings, but that lasted a few months and then the frustrations toddler distractions drove us to a single decade per night. Then that dwindled to one Our Father, One Hail Mary, and the St. Michael prayer. I am not proud, just honest.

I know I have mentioned before how I love our little village. It is so quaint and pretty. If only my German speaking abilities were better, I would really feel at home here. Isn't it lovely?







The church bells were chiming as I took this one.





This is at the corner of two little streets.

one of my favorite front doors in the village. So welcoming.

all of the following pictures are on my street, on the way back up the hill to our house.





My neighbor's yard

The rosebush that I get to look at out my kitchen window.

No comments:

Post a Comment