Saturday, November 15, 2014

Thankful....

...that Peter is sleeping peacefully beside me. Tonight he choked on a fifty cent euro coin. By the time I managed to dislodge it, he was limp and cold to the touch and it took several minutes for him to be "himself".

I have not recovered so quickly. I know it could have had a much different outcome.

Hug your children. Let them know how special they are to you. Right now.

6 comments:

  1. Oh my dear, what a fright. So glad you were able to save his life. Precious mercy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Jenny,
    I can only imagine what went thru your mind! I'm glad Peter is ok! You are a very wise and compassionate mother. ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Jenny, how terribly frightening for you. Prayers for both you and Peter today. For forgetting your terror, for safety.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, goodness. That must have been terrifying. I'm always worried about things like that, too, because Evie is ever so good at picking things up now, and they always make their way into her mouth, and there is just so much stuff to taste. :-( Glad he's okay.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Praise God for His protection, and for your motherly ability in saving him. God's peace be yours.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, Jenny. Scary, scary, scary. So glad he's okay. 4 years ago my then 14 year old son had a very severe allergic reaction to cashews in a Lara Bar. I had to call the paramedics and he was rushed to the hospital. Thankfully, it also ended well, but it still makes me want to throw up when I think back to it, even 4 years later. Thank goodness you were there - Peter's guardian angel was looking out for him today!

    ReplyDelete