Monday, June 9, 2014

Success!

I am not waiting for the yarn along on Wednesday. For one thing, I just am so excited to share how the basket turned out that I cannot wait! Did I mention that patience is not one of virtues I have mastered? For another thing, I also hope to have another project finished to share on Wednesday.

Did I also mention that Tony has been gone for a week to Normandy to play his tuba and commemorate D-Day? No? Well, he has. I am also not patiently awaiting his arrival in a few hours. We are all more than ready to have him home.

Trying to capture the color most accurately. This is not it.

This is close, but not quite.

This seems to be the closest I can get.

6 comments:

  1. It's awesome! Will you use it for collecting things?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Knowing my kids, I am sure this basket will collect many things!

      Delete
  2. So cool! And I know you miss your husband, but how awesome that he got to play at the D-Day events!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice basket! Curious... What do you intend to use it for?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't quite figured that part yet! I just knew that it would look pretty with the furniture : )

      Delete
  4. I really like that. I may have to learn to crochet (? knit?) just to make them myself!

    ReplyDelete